If you smell propane
IMMEDIATELY call Johnson Oil & L.P. Company from a telephone away from the area of the leak.
Inside a building
- Extinguish all smoking materials, open flames, or sources of ignition.
- Do not use ANY electrical switches, appliances, thermostats, or telephones while exiting the building or moving away from the leak.
- Close the shutoff valve on the propane tank/container. It will be under the tank lid on top of the tank or on one of the ends of the tank. Turn the valve clockwise to close.
- Even if you do not continue to smell gas, DO NOT REENTER the building or reopen the supply valve on the tank until a service technician arrives to find the leak. He will be dispatched immediately to your location.
- DO NOT attempt to repair the leak yourself and only return inside when cleared by the repair technician.
Outside the building
- Extinguish all ignition sources, open flames, cigarettes, vehicles.
- Close supply valves on any propane tanks in the area.
- Remain clear of area you smell gas leaking.
- Do you hear gas escaping? Has there been any recent construction? Where?
- A repair technician will be dispatched immediately to your address. DO NOT attempt to repair leak yourself.